Thursday, July 29, 2010

THE SIDE DISH :: Coco Jam

What is Coco Jam?
Philippine coconut jam is made from coconut cream (the first and second press of grated coconut flesh) and sugar. Growing up I would spread it on my toast or pandesal (traditional Filipino bread). I rediscovered it on a recent trip to the Asian food market.

For the past few days, I've been reliving my childhood by having toast and coco jam for breakfast...along with a cup of very strong coffee. I have now introduced this tradition to my daughter, who enjoys it on toasted sesame seed bagels. Life is good.

In this picture: Lily's Coco Jam

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I gotta try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to find recipes to make using this item but I can't find any. Do you know where I can look?

    ReplyDelete