Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bouchon Bakery | Yountville, CA


I wish I could say that Bouchon Bakery is Yountville's best kept secret, but I can't. Everybody knows about it, and they're coming in waves off the St. Helena Highway (CA-29) to get a taste of baked goods that are no less than excellent. On our visit, we sampled three types of their macarons -- mocha, pistachio, and caramel -- which were flaky and crisp on the outside, but soft and chewy on the inside. Our eyes literally rolled to the back of our heads, and our daughter had only one thing to say with a smile on her face, "These are soooo good!!!" And it doesn't stop there, meaning there are other yummy confections to choose such as coffee and chocolate eclairs, herb roasted olive loafs, lemon tarts, banana nut muffins, and pain au raisin, a twisted croissant filled with a vanilla pastry cream, sugar, spices, and plump Californian raisins. We are sure to return!

Set in the heart of California's Napa Valley, the Bouchon Bakery is set adjacent to Bouchon Bistro and just a few blocks from The French Laundry, all of which are part of the Thomas Keller family of restaurants. Currently, there are two other locations in Las Vegas and New York.


Out of the Kitchen SF Bay Area restaurants

7 comments:

  1. I adore this place and stop there each time I am up there. Did you have the chocolate corks??

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had their brioche doughnuts for the first time a couple of weekends ago and they were out-of-this-world. Truly enjoyed the chocolate doughnuts. AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place is so good! Everytime we are are up there we buy a bunch of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all (kids included) enjoyed our jaunt to Bouchon Bakery. Everything was fresh and it was the first time that we all had parisian macaroons as well as the chocolate bouchons which were incredible. We polished it off with some old fashioned bottled root beer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's Maren from SimplyMaren.com. I'm so glad I found your blog on foodbuzz I'm in blog love! I'm actually going to be going through Sac. (I live in Monterey) in a couple weeks and if we are stopping for some eats I will definitely have to give this place a try based on your glowing review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to know, next time I'm up that way! I'm pullin over!

    ReplyDelete