Sunday, August 22, 2010

Yummy Monkey Popcorn | Ashland, OR

To be honest with you, when the craving for a mid-day snack starts to build around that 4:00 p.m. hour, eating a bagful of popcorn is the last thing on my mind. Rather, my habits are generally reserved for a plate of Oreo cookies, a bowlful of Planters peanuts, or perhaps a small serving of M&M's candies. On hot days, I'll drag myself from the cool confines of my office to hit the nearby vending machine for an It's It ice cream sandwich or a frozen Chocolate Taco.

But on a recent visit to Ashland, Oregon, I found myself unusually drawn to a closet-sized storefront that bared a simple sign noting, "Organic Kettle Korn!" I just had to have a bag, and as quick as that first handful was downed, Yummy Monkey Popcorn had a new fan ... Actually, make that six new fans since the bag of salty-sweet goodness was passed between my daughter, son, wife, uncle, and aunt. And there was nothing but smiles on our faces.

Established in 2008, Yummy Monkey Popcorn produces four flavor-packed varieties: Hot Buttered, White Cheddar, Kettle Popped, and Just Salt. Each is made in small batches to maintain quality and contains only fresh organic ingredients. There's also a lot of love and enthusiasm that goes into the popping as well. As the person behind the dutch door noted, "It's fun to pop popcorn, especially since it's the perfect snack. Low in calories, high in fiber and protein, and just plain yummy."

No need to convince us. We'll be back, and hope others will also stop by. Just look for that fortuitous sign!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog!I saw you from the foodie blogroll and I enjoyed reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alisa! We're glad that you like the blog. Visit often as we are always updating with new food adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog,
    Thanks for sharing such a useful information, which helped me a lot. Keep doing the good work.
    Arcade bar east bay

    ReplyDelete